nafex - Re: [nafex] English Hard cider

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] English Hard cider
  • Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 09:29:22 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

Was curious about cider and went looking to see if Bulmer's hard cider was
similar to what you discussed. I found this very interesting paper on why
cider fell out of favor in the U.S.;

mason.gmu.edu/~drwillia/cider.html

If you are a "conspiracy" minded person, you may latch on to the idea that
beer manufacturers were behind a law passed that only hard cider without
preservatives could be produced in the U.S., to ensure the sales of beer
over hard cider.

>From the paper, it would seem this is only one nail in the coffin of
popularity of hard cider in the United States.

Interesting reading.

I have tasted Bulmer's hard cider and I enjoyed it.

Later,
Tom

--

http://us.click.yahoo.com/IgTaHA/ZQdDAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM