nafex - [nafex] Overwintering Potted Seedlings In Coldroom

  • From: Tom Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Overwintering Potted Seedlings In Coldroom
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 09:23:59 -0500

Hi,

Most of my potted seedlings are being stored outside for the
winter, however I am putting 3 special seedlings into a cold
room for the winter. My question is in regards to watering
the pots in the cold room.

My plan is to keep the pots in a cold room that has an
average winter temperature of 45F. The cold room is all
concrete (floor, walls, ceiling) and is very dry. I had
planned to add 1 cup of water to each pot once a month
during the winter to keep them damp.

My question is... Should I put the pots into plastic bags
to help conserve moisture? If plastic bags are used, should
the bags be open, closed tightly, or loosely closed?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Later,
Tom
--
Thomas Olenio
Ontario, Canada

StartMeUp jump starts your car's battery
using only the cigarette lighter.
$24.95 at Youcansave.com
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ELP6ED/LTTDAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM