nafex - [nafex] "Himmel Stally" identified

  • From: "Ron " <oldapple@bighorsecreekfarm.com>
  • To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] "Himmel Stally" identified
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 08:42:59 -0400

Greetings,
For those interested in learning the identification of the "Himmel
Stally" apple for which I sought help recently, I have just received a
message from the lady in Sweden with a positive identification. Following is
a copy of the note received:

<<The name of the apple is HIMMELSTALUND and it is a Swedish apple.
Grows strongly and gets a round crown. Zone I-III. Fertile from the fifth
year. It's a table apple that is harvested from the end of October. Fruit
is middle big. Colour yellow-green with stripes or flames of red on the
sunny side. The pulp is yellow-white, juicy, with delightful acid and aroma.
Can be stored for some month. Pollinates with Oranie, Åkerö, Ringstad.>>

You learn something new everyday!
Ron

Ron & Suzanne Joyner
Big Horse Creek Farm
Antique and Heirloom Apples
e-mail: oldapple@bighorsecreekfarm.com
web site: www.bighorsecreekfarm.com

ClubMom is the first free organization dedicated to rewarding and celebrating
Moms! Join today - it's free - and get your chance to win
http://us.click.yahoo.com/wq6iUD/TFaCAA/OZ8EAA/VTJVlB/TM