nafex - Re: [nafex] Elaeagnus - E. umbellata berries.

  • From: "Dr. Chiranjit Parmar" <parmarch@vsnl.com>
  • To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Elaeagnus - E. umbellata berries.
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 20:28:06 -0800

Eleagnus umbellata berries are edible. In fact these are offered for sale
at some places by persons collecting them from the wild. But not in the
fruit shops.

110 gm berries contain:

Moisture, 69.4 g; Total Soluble Solids, 14.5 g; Acids, 1.51 g; Total Sugars,
8.34 g; Vitamin C, 12.04 mg; minerals, 1.045 g.

Dr. Chiranjit Parmar
Horticultural Consultant on Lesser Known Indian Fruits
http://www.lesserknownplants.com