nafex - [nafex] Meader persimmons

  • From: Cara & Tom Patterson <tomandcara@home.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Meader persimmons
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 16:42:10 -0700

I have been growing a Meader persimmons for several years. It has bloomed
three times and each time fruit appears to set, however each year the fruit
dries and falls off in July. I live in a suburb of Denver, CO. I have seen
fruit come to maturity in the Denver Botanic Gardens in the same year mine
has failed. I am wondering if anyone has any ideas for how to get a crop.
Meader is supposed to be self pollinating, but is it really? Moisture? Heat?

Thank you in advance.

Tom

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/423498/_/978133367/