nafex - Re: [nafex] Re: Are your plants working for you? AKA, Ruthless culling

  • From: "Big Swede" <JFrisk@pionet.net>
  • To: <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Re: Are your plants working for you? AKA, Ruthless culling
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 17:28:55 -0600

The "Apples of New York" just raved about an old apple named "Swaar". It
was supposed to stay on the tree long and be very good eating. I grew it
and found it the most unappetizing apple I ever grew. It stayed on the tree
a long time because I don't believe the birds would even eat it. It might
of done well in the Hudson River Valley but in SW Iowa it was a real dud.
Judson L. Frisk