nafex - Re: [nafex] Is it just me or...

  • From: "J. Rosano II" <GIANNI-2@prodigy.net>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Is it just me or...
  • Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 16:29:47 -0400

Dear Folks at NAFEX:
Had the same thing happen to me with the KAKWORM.A worm virus, which was
attached to that file.
The difference between my software for virus which is PCillin by Trend Micro
is
it immediately pulled the file out of my mail/inbox and quarantined it,
however
like Sam's Norton, when I deleted it, it also deleted my entire quarry of
inbox
messages as they had been infected as well as the self evidence of a worm is
just
that. It worms it's way through your files.
I will contact Dr. Parmar and notify him.
Sorry to have to tell you folks this but if you did open that file and you
don't have any form of anti-virus software, chances are pretty good you have
been infected with the KAKWORM.A virus....
Please go to:
http://www.antivirus.com/pc-cillin/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=VBS_KAKWORM.A
If your mail will not accept a long mail link, try this: then click the
KAKWORM.A
http://www.antivirus.com/pc-cillin/vinfo/virusencyclo/default2.asp
These links explain the details of the virus of what to expect.

I have had a brief casual acquaintance with Dr. Parmar. In his defense, I
know he
was completely unaware he sent this virus.
Second, I am not quite sure of this but with my dealings with him in the past
would
lead me to believe that he was not spamming and merely offering his research
and
Indian varietal species for research. Granted it certainly did appear as spam
of
which I also detest but I believe there may be a cultural faux paus committed
here
and very possibly was an innocent occurrence. Then again, that's only this
mans
opinion. : )
Best wishes;

John
S NH Z-5/6

Bruce & Joyce wrote:

> I had no problems with the post, and no attachment. My concern is that I
> don't
> know if Dr. P is going through import/quarantine so as to protect us from
> any
> problems which could result from his plants. Does anyone know about this?
>
> Joyce
>
> >I could not read the message.
> >Norton Antivirus said there was virus in it and quaranteened it.
> >When I tried to delete it, I could not for a long time.
> >After many attempts I was able to delete it but it wiped out my entire
> >INBOX.
> >
> >Hope we don't get any more of them.
> >Sam

Get free updates on your stocks from any phone with Tellme!
Click here and you can even personalize these quotes.
http://click.egroups.com/1/9536/15/_/423498/_/970518470/