msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Drone desensitizing

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: ALLEN SNYDER <allendana1@sbcglobal.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Drone desensitizing
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 01:54:24 +0000 (UTC)

The accident with the English police horse is awful and my heart goes out to them.  I would be very upset and ask what legal recourse they have.

It would be a learning opportunity to talk with people who maybe know nothing about horses to explain their possible fight or flight reaction.  You could in a nice way explain the potential for harm to your horses, property and theirs as well as straining your relationship.  The vet and repair bills, insurance claims as well as potential legal fees would not make the entertainment worth it.