msar-riders - [MSAR] Activity controlled vocabulary

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] Activity controlled vocabulary
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 12:27:35 -0600

So I am thinking about developing a training log book for MSAR. One
thing many SAR log books have is a controlled vocabulary of activity
type. I request your assistance developing a controlled vocabulary
for MSAR activities.

Here is one controlled vocabulary from a dog training log that I use.

Unit
SAR
Assist
K-9
Non K-9
Training
PR
Meeting
Hug-A-Tree
Area
Trailing
Evidence
Cadaver
Disaster
Obedience
Agility
Water
Paperwork
Other

How do you characterize your SAR horse training activities? What
words do you use when you talk about your activities with SAR team
mates?

Thanks,