msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Side Saddle Questions

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: pennbo@verizon.net
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Side Saddle Questions
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 23:02:01 -0500 (CDT)

Interesting. Can someone help explain what type of injury would make riding astride uncomfortable but would still allow side-saddle riding and the amount of hiking, climbing, lifting, etc we are sometimes called upon to do? I'm not being critical nor am I being facetious. Print is hard. I am truly curious as every year when we update our standards and requirements I like to have a broad mind that will include many possibilities. However if I submit an idea without the necessary facts to back it up it's an exercise in futility!

Thanks,
Chris