msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Heat Index criteria for training/active searches

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Alice Ault <alice_ault@yahoo.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Heat Index criteria for training/active searches
  • Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 17:11:41 -0400

Mules are more tolerable to heat than horses. That is why they are used to give carriage rides in GA. They are part dessert animal and can tolerate the heat indexes better then a horse most of the time.  If you have mules as part of your SAR team, consider using them  in hot humid searches. Just saying...

Alice Ault