msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Request contact from team(s) in southern Indiana

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: BRENDADURHAM5@aol.com
  • Cc: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Request contact from team(s) in southern Indiana
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 21:28:28 -0600

On Mon, Jul 02, 2012 at 09:57:23PM -0400, BRENDADURHAM5@aol.com wrote:
>I have be contacted by an acquaintance in southern Indiana, requesting
>help finding a horse lost in one of their state parks for 3 days. He ran
>off
>when his loose saddle slid and was hanging upside down under his belly.
>
>please call me if you are interested in contacting them to offer help (
>could be good training), I will give you the contact info. Brenda
>513-646-0061

Brenda,

Any word on this horse? I agree it would make a great training exercise
for SAR teams, an opportunity make good use of tracking skills such as
sign cutting and track age estimation, also a variety of search skills
including investigation and containment.

Una Smith, PhD
Los Alamos Amateur Radio Club, KE5CEP
NM SAR SC Plans/Ops/Logs, PIO, AOBD, COML
NM SAR Council Board 2012-2015
NM SAR annual convention ESCAPE 2013 Chairwoman

Save the date: ESCAPE at the Ruidoso Convention Center, May 10-12, 2013