msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Trailer trouble

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Rick Tracy" <rick@westcoastframe.com>
  • To: "'Karen Nesbitt'" <spanishequines@yahoo.com>, "'Mounted search and rescue'" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Trailer trouble
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 14:43:56 -0700

Karen,

All points well taken.  We always use dielectric grease for the connections and on the plug and receiver.  When I upgrade any trailer lights and wiring I always use heat shrink connectors and tie up wiring to keep from getting grabbed on something on the road.   Switching all of the lights to LED will save many headaches of the old incandescent lights.

There is still the part of bad grounds that will cause gray hairs.   The better you can have your ground isolated or dedicated the better.

Rick Tracy

3203-D West Capitol Avenue

West Sacramento, CA 95691

916-371-6100 Office

916-825-7422 Cell

916-371-4072 Fax

www.westcoastframe.com

rick@westcoastframe.com

This e-mail and attachment(s) may contain privileged and confidential information and is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this e-mail in error, or do not have the addressee's permission to read the above email or attachments please notify the sender (and addressee if known) immediately and delete this message and any attachments. Any other use, printing, copying, forwarding or retention of this e-mail, is strictly prohibited unless prior permission from sender is granted.