msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Uniform Ideas/Suggestions

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Norma Newton <newtonrn@huxcomm.net>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Uniform Ideas/Suggestions
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 19:09:00 -0500

Hi Diane,

The thoughts provided are very good. For our MSAR, we use hi-viz orange vests with a hunter orange felt sheet over the saddle pad (cut to the shape of the pad - can be velcroed in place along the edges of the pad if need be) Also an orange helmet cover (requirement to go out on Searches). This was tested for visibility with low altitude Search aircraft (1000 ft ) and made the SAR riders visible from the air as well. The hunter orange definitely sets apart the rider/horse team, and if you have a park uniform as well, the orange accessories make the connection.

Norma - Iowa