msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Uniform Ideas/Suggestions

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: emboote@aol.com
  • To: diana@diacomm.com, msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Uniform Ideas/Suggestions
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 20:06:06 -0400

Hi Diana,

Helmets.

I'm part of a Sheriff's Office mounted unit. We're in Minnesota, so our uniforms vary depending upon winter/summer. Our uniforms needs cover duties ranging from security detail, formal dress, outreach, parade, city and park patrol. We also do MSAR work. Our clothing will vary depending upon the purpose, but when mounted, we always wear our helmets. We've found they're the most visible and effective presence part of our uniform. From a cost perspective, given the use they get and the visibility they offer, they're worth the cost. They also reinforce the safety factor and we enjoy giving tokens out to kids who we see in the parks when they are wearing their helmets, too.

Emily Boote