msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Morgan County, Missouri (USA)

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Steve de Lyra" <stevd@windstream.net>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Morgan County, Missouri (USA)
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 11:09:55 -0500

Hello Una,

First of all congratulations to Mary Jo. We don't have any sponsoring organization yet, but we have the support for the concept from our local emergency services chief. In our case they want us to show them we are a trained, functional unit before we can be used as a resource and possibly come under their insurance coverage. You could say they're "from Missouri."

We are moving forward with the North Georgia MSAR. We have selected officers and are applying for 501(c)3 status. We plan to have our first organizational meeting in mid-February. We have had firm expressions of interest from over 50 folks from a number of counties in our part of the state. We have the beginnings of a web site - www.ngmsar.com and will be getting a dedicated e-mail address soon. Our fist training session in land navigation was postponed due to foul weather - but the exchange on MSAR-riders we touched off made the saddle and shoes-vs-barefoot exchanges seem mild by comparison! We are having the same class on both Saturday, JAN 31 and Saturday, FEB 6.

I would like to ask the officers of MSAR units for their web sites so we can look at them for ideas, and also to send copies of their by-laws. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help us in these matters.
Stephen J. de Lyra
Telephone: +1 706 216 0081
Fax: +1 706 216 0082
Mobile: +1 678 677 2907