msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Socks

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Laurie Hanahan" <lhanahan@mindspring.com>
  • To: "'Mounted search and rescue'" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Socks
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 11:14:49 -0500

Being very allergic to wool, I can’t even wear them with other socks as a liner.  So you can imagine the difficulty I have in finding warm socks that aren’t wool.  I’ve resorted to wearing heavy hiking socks with the air activated toe or foot warmers whenever the temps drop below 50.   They stay warm for well over 8 hours.  I also figure they might come in handy for whomever we are searching for – so I carry extras and the waist/back warmers and hand warmers just in case.

Any recommendations for warm non-wool socks are appreciated!

Laurie Hanahan

TROTSAR