msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Liability insurance

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Marie Lester <marie.lester@gmail.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Liability insurance
  • Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 12:59:10 -0500

Una,
thank you for instructions on how to access more information on the topic of liability insurance. I will pursue that research.

Irv,
Thank you for your lengthy response, as well.   Very helpful information to take back to our unit.

Marie
COMSU

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 10:23 AM, Una Smith <una.smith@att.net> wrote:
Marie Lester wrote:
>On another note, can someone tell me how to access the topic of LIABILITY
>INSURANCE in the archives?

>From the MSAR-Riders "about" page (http://www.ibiblio.org/msar/msar-riders)
use the link "Search our archive" and type or paste "liability insurance"
into the second text entry field.  Ignore the "sponsored links";  those are
Google's paid ads, nothing to do with MSAR.  The result is about 43 links.
You can also use this pre-fab link:

http://www.google.com/search?as_epq=liability+insurance&as_sitesearch=lists.ibiblio.org%2Fpipermail%2Fmsar-riders%2F

As Irv and others have said, get insurance from an insurer in the emergency
services market, not in the equestrian market.  A good start is to ask for
leads from your agency having jurisdiction (sheriff, county EMS, volunteer
fire district, etc) and other volunteer emergency responder groups in your
area.