msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Radios

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Louis <trlrider2@trailriding-texas.us>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Radios
  • Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 07:20:21 -0500

Just another quick note,

1) A group license is not require to own, operate and maintain a GMRS
repeater!

2) Personally, sitting next to me, are: a 440 mhz ham portable repeater,
a GMRS portable repeater. A 450 mhz range portable repeater is in the
process of being built, licensed to 2 organizations that I work with.
that I maintain and keep available for whatever event may require them
to be use! All have the ability to be set-up quickly, operate on or off
the grid, and provide reliable and long term communications. There is
also parts and pieces laying here, for another GMRS system that will be
fixed at a location that can service 2 state parks in the area!

Why, the trunking systems fail and simple communications are needed!
And Nextel (or similiar systems) are a joke in rural Texas, Oklahoma and
New Mexico!

I am a licensed in both the Amateur and GMRS segments!

Louis