msar-riders - [MSAR] Posse / MSAR

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Dana Ferguson" <dana.ferguson@cni.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>, Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Posse / MSAR
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 10:05:06 -0800

Hi,

I was wondering if there has been a split between the Posse
and MSAR in the Sheriff?s Departments out there.

Example:

The Posse performs: parades, rodeos, and PR work for the
Sheriff. Ours just cut fair parking lot and concert
security from their mission.

The MSAR performs: SAR assistance and is part of the SAR
Organization as a specialty skill like K9 or Diver.

We are having some re-organization growing pains in ours
right now due to a new Sheriff....

One last question on uniforms

How many units out there wear the Sheriff/Deputy uniform in
their Posse and or have a badge and gun when performing
their mission?

Thanks,

Dana Ferguson
dana.ferguson@cni.net