msar-riders - [MSAR] Orlando FL Feb 24 seminar on sports equip & protective gear

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] Orlando FL Feb 24 seminar on sports equip & protective gear
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 08:55:21 -0700

MSAR-Riders, I received this notice from a trade group. I don't know
if registration is affordable, but for those of you in central Florida
it might be interesting to attend. Snell Memorial Foundation has
several standards for equestrian helmets, and a helmet testing program.

Una Smith

Topic: Sports Equipment & Protective Gear

2009 ICPHSO (International Consumer Product Health & Safety Conference)
Orlando, Florida
Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 2 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.

For more information & to register, go to: www.icphso.org. Click on
"Events", "Annual Meeting", "Agenda".

Overview: This session is not for the timid or week of heart as we
will delve deep into the world of athletics and injury. Our dynamic
group of speakers will focus on protection and preventive techniques
for minimizing sports related injury beginning with a speaker on product
design. Results from case studies using biomechanics will then be
shared which will lead into a discussion on how standards have developed
to address product safety. The final portion of the session will be
reserved for an interactive discussion and Q&A session on How the CPSIA
Act impacts you and the products in this area.

Dr. Dan Thomas - Snell Memorial Foundation
Dr. Laura Wojcik - Vice President, Biomechanics Packer Engineering, Inc.
James Newman, PhD - Newman Biomechanical Engineering Consulting, Inc.
Ian Brodie - Canadian Standards Association

  • [MSAR] Orlando FL Feb 24 seminar on sports equip & protective gear, Una Smith, 02/12/2009