msar-riders - [MSAR] Confirm there is no longer a MSAR unit called Knight Riders in Oklahoma?

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: ALLEN SNYDER <allendana1@sbcglobal.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Confirm there is no longer a MSAR unit called Knight Riders in Oklahoma?
  • Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 22:52:14 -0800 (PST)

I spoke with a Civil Air Patrol member last week and learned that the mounted part of his squadron called the Knight Riders, has not been active for some time and I thought you would want to know for your records.  As far as the reasons for this, I am still uninformed.

The other local Sherriff's Posse in Shawnee County, or Topeka, Kansas, is interested in MSAR, but they have mostly worked in parades and community activities with some assistance to law enforcement.  Some of these members are interested in acquiring SAR skills.  We just need to notify you not only of new groups, but those that have ceased to exist.

Thanks!  1st Lt. Dana Snyder, RN, CAP, KS-123

  • [MSAR] Confirm there is no longer a MSAR unit called Knight Riders in Oklahoma?, ALLEN SNYDER, 02/04/2008