msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Screws

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "IRVIN LICHTENSTEIN" <ilichten1@verizon.net>
  • To: "'Mounted search and rescue'" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Screws
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 14:10:51 -0500

At a show a horse was tied to the left rear tie point on my trailer with a reasonable length lead.  The horse managed to get the lead under the stock door of a steel stock trailer lined with ¾ inch plywood and by raising his head lifted the door out of the hinges and dropped it on the ground.  It took four persons to lift the door back onto the trailer.  If any person or horse had been under that door we wouldn’t have to bother lifting it until the coroner arrived.  I have also seen trailers almost pulled over by panicked animals.  Quick releases have to be released and nobody in their right mind wants to be under a trailer trying to release the knot or snap.

A horse will get tangled in anything they can.  And they will pull on it until something breaks.

Irv Lichtenstein