msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Another Search

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Marie Lester" <marie.lester@gmail.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Another Search
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 21:12:57 -0400

Glad to hear that your searches ended with positive results, Chris.
Our unit was called by the Stark Co. Sheriff's Dept. last Friday, so we responded to the search for Jessie Davis, the missing pregnant woman from Canton.  We were then asked to stay a second day, and agreed to do so if there was a pasture where our horses could rest overnight.  The officials found a site for the horses, and provided lodging for us.   Was quite an experience to say the least, but we felt adequately trained (though there is always something new to learn).
Unfortunately, the second day ended with sad news.
Marie