msar-riders - [MSAR] Another Search

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Pennbo's <pennbo@verizon.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Another Search
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 17:58:15 -0700

Well, it's been a busy season already with no signs of slowing down. I believe this is our sixth successful search in a row! WooHoo! Today was a HOT search in nasty terrain- river bottom full of rocks, deep sand, scrub, and snakes. And abandoned orchards with weeds to the horses shoulders and old irrigation lines underneath and hidden. Our horses did excellent work even in the difficult terrain and heat. Just have to appreciate them SO much when they work so hard and so well without balking or complaint. The humans did a pretty good job too! :-)

We had an excellent turnout of MSAR teams- at least one member from every team in the county was there. That's dedication. The subject was found alive and well- after being missing for almost a month. Sometimes they aren't really "missing"- in their minds they are just taking a break. Frustrating but at least it had a happy ending.

Chris