msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] job security

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Pennbo's <pennbo@verizon.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] job security
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 20:22:03 -0700

The best job security is a good relationship with your employer! My employers know, and respect, my involvement with SAR. If I can give them enough notice so that they can arrange a substitute I am OK'd so take a sick day or days for SAR work. Many of our members are retired or semi-retired and that works well too.

So, if you must work build a relationship with your employer and enlist their help. Tell them what your needs are and be respectful of their needs. That way all of you will be contributing to SAR work!

Chris Pennington
MSAR