msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] sar north florida

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] sar north florida
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 11:20:41 -0600

Amy Barnett wrote:
>I live in the North Florida area (Jacksonville), and I am interested
>in becoming a part of a mounted search and rescue team.
>
>Do you know of any such team in my area or can you give me information
>on getting one started?

Hi Amy,

Welcome to MSAR-Riders. Have you contacted any of the Florida MSAR
units listed on http://www.ibiblio.org/msar/units/#Florida ? As you
are in Jax, look at the Georgia units too. The MSAR units directory
does not include all units, only those we (I) know about, so one
thing to ask any units you contact is: what other units are active
or forming, that they know about. I know there is a state-government
affiliated LART (large animal rescue team) coordinated by someone in
the veterinary school at UF (in Gainesville, Alachua County).

Hope this helps you and others in Florida.