msar-riders - [MSAR] Thanks Una

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Wwaynebare@aol.com
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: Wayne@APBCRescue.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] Thanks Una
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 13:11:58 EST

Hi Wayne,

Could you report to MSAR-Riders on what your school's students learned about
tracking from horseback?  Any non-obvious insights you can share with us?

  Una

Dear Una    Thank you for your note     Tracking from horseback is the BEST way to find things Fast, when time makes a difference   I carry a small  binocular (10 by 25)  on my gear belt ,, I find i can examine evidence, tracks,ect and move on (example)  back in 2002 I was called out  by a Sheriff Dept. to try and find out what a man had done with his wife (when a lot of blood had been cleaned up and  someone tried to hide the process in an up stairs bathroom of their home here in east Texas) So I mounted up and went to work looking for any thing  I call "not normal " I found 4 shallow grave sized  diggings  so I called them in and kept looking (why 4   I said, didn't fit, all looked to be dug at differant times) so I kept searching, I rode up on a small pond (tank) with a pier going out from the bank  6 'by 8' in size, at first glance every thing looked  OK there but  I kept saying to my self what's "not normal "here, Up under the pier on the top of the water were little white balls  1/8 " in dia.  not many of them 10 or 12  , as I rode around the pond I saw no tracks and no more of these little balls, so I called in this "not normal"  Latter these proved to be body lotion beads that had surfaced (after Her shower that morning She had put on body lotion)  Latter we learned He had in fact weighted her down under that pier  with lifting weights taken from the house, then later took her body to the edge of Dallas and burned the body in a gravel pit (Another Sheriff Dept. informed us of this) HE was convicted and put down for his crime ....TRACKING  is not always a track on the ground.......Another note ,The Bible says "Consider.. the Ant"  proverbs  6;6 kjv       The entomology of a track, will help time date a track, if you look closely
(insects crossing the track or ants building a mound in the track)      I recommend TRACKERS  get online or go to your library and Consider the Ant  .............Brother Bare     www.apbcrescue.org  ...  www.ispt.org .....

  Professional Tracker/Instructor W. Wayne Bare   C.H.L.# 01638164 Has been tracking for 40 years, assisting Sheriff Departments, Posse groups, Man tracking, Evidence Location, Search and Rescue, wounded animal termination, Runaways for Dept. of Corrections - State of Illinois, Field research for Dept. of Natural Resources in State of  Wisconsin, Bear and Mountain Lion  Tracking  with William Wilkins a professional  Bear Guide. to Northern Wisconsin. , Site tracking with Lac DE Flambo, Potawatomi, and Menominee  , Bad River band, Native American Indians in the Lake Superior area, Also Cherokee Tribesmen in the East Texas  Hunting  Fields, member of   www.ispt.org    (International society of Professional Trackers)  Our advisory board to assist in ensuring the professional needs of these officers.  Sgt Rocky Wardlow,  Texas Rangers, Company F, Bastrop, Texas and Greg Ortiz, 28 year  Veteran 15 years as State Trooper, Retired, Tyler, Texas

Location:    A.P.B.C Rescue Mission Ranch

628 VZ CR 4902     Van, TX 75790

mission web site  www.apbcrescue.org
Call if you need directions:  (903) 963-1573

or cell pH # 903-312-7907

  • [MSAR] Thanks Una, Wwaynebare, 01/16/2007