msar-riders - [MSAR] Tracking School ( horse back) held back on Dec. 18 2006

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Wwaynebare@aol.com
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: Wayne@APBCRescue.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] Tracking School ( horse back) held back on Dec. 18 2006
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 13:11:13 EST

The Van Zandt  County Tracking Team  Put on an 8 hour Tracking  School    ( TCLEOSE )     for Certified Law Officer's in North East  Texas  at Van  on DEC 18   2006

 In Our Field LAB.  We learned about Time dating a track.....markers with actual time of track dating back to the
previous day at 4PM, 8PM, 3AM, 6AM and 8AM on Monday.  Then we observed
weighted tracks,  man carrying a man, a donkey with 200 lbs and a horse
with 200 lbs to study the depth and discoloration of the track.  The
forensics of a track (tip to one side or the other,heel or toe push,
moisture due to rain or dew). Then we studied the entomology of a track
(insects crossing the track or ants building a mound in the track).  We
learned about the needles and pine cones and compression tracking.  We
learned about broken bush tracking.
.

We laid out 7 of these trails by smoothing out our sandy loam soil with our backhoe here at the  Rescue Mission Ranch, This provided the perfect surface for track  Forensics

We learned there are over 10,000 types and treads on the soles of sneakers, tennis shoes and boots ( photo copying the bottom of these would be a GOOD IDEA  for Nursing Homes, Nursery workers,Jailers,Moms with very active Children)   NOTE   THE OLD ,THE YOUNG and the BAD GUY can be tracked a lot faster with this TOOL

On our. wilderness Ride  We examined old Man tracks in a" mole mound " in an open field, animal trails, deer  tracks, wild hog, coyote, and ratcoon tracks around ponds ( tanks ) and followed a blood trail, then came back and unloaded all the equipment on the pack mule, needed for a safe successful long trail ( A LIST WILL FOLLOW IN THE FUTURE )

Special thanks to Lt.Lyle of Smith County Sheriffs dept. for sharing his
experiences in many years of tracking off horseback.

Special thanks to Greg Ortiz, retired DPS Trooper, Tyler Texas for his
timely talk to the young officers and for providing a really great dinner
meal.

Special thanks to Dr. Jody Vaughan, MD, Tyler Texas, and avid hunter, for
his medical insight, what to have on the trail to keep you safe and
equipment in case of accident or snake bite.

Special thanks to Jim Gilbert, our neighbor who has provided his property
each year for the training of these officers.

Special thanks to my wife Vicki, Mrs. Penny Montgomery and granddaughter
Lauren, Mr. Charles and Joseph Barbarick and Mike Acosta for all there
help in setting this up.

Special thanks to APBC Rescue Mission Ranch for the use of their facility
and equipment (where helping others helps us all).

W. WAYNE BARE   bringing you the" Bare Facts In A Track"  .  903.312.7907

  Professional Tracker/Instructor W. Wayne Bare   C.H.L.# 01638164 Has been tracking for 40 years, assisting Sheriff Departments, Posse groups, Man tracking, Evidence Location, Search and Rescue, wounded animal termination, Runaways for Dept. of Corrections - State of Illinois, Field research for Dept. of Natural Resources in State of  Wisconsin, Bear and Mountain Lion  Tracking  with William Wilkins a professional  Bear Guide. to Northern Wisconsin. , Site tracking with Lac DE Flambo, Potawatomi, and Menominee  , Bad River band, Native American Indians in the Lake Superior area, Also Cherokee Tribesmen in the East Texas  Hunting  Fields, member of   www.ispt.org    (International society of Professional Trackers)  Our advisory board to assist in ensuring the professional needs of these officers.  Sgt Rocky Wardlow,  Texas Rangers, Company F, Bastrop, Texas and Greg Ortiz, 28 year  Veteran 15 years as State Trooper, Retired, Tyler, Texas

Location:    A.P.B.C Rescue Mission Ranch

628 VZ CR 4902     Van, TX 75790

mission web site  www.apbcrescue.org
Call if you need directions:  (903) 963-1573

or cell pH # 903-312-7907

  • [MSAR] Tracking School ( horse back) held back on Dec. 18 2006, Wwaynebare, 01/16/2007