msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Winter freeze/storm coping strategies

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Chuck Daniel" <iwhound@voyager.net>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Winter freeze/storm coping strategies
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 17:33:07 -0500

Irv,
Basically the same here. It has been wet for weeks on end. Up till today I was wondering about the horses hooves. But the furrier came today for reset and all is well. I think one thing that helps me in the wet weather is that I use pine shavings for bedding. That has a tendency to dry out hooves.

Chuck
feed twice a day in barn. Heavy machinery (tractors and loaders) moved off