msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Orange jackets

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Andrew Hennell <andrew@hennell.com.au>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Orange jackets
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 06:25:03 +1100

here in the state of New South Wales, Australia - our State Emergency
Service (www.ses.nsw.gov.au) has very bright orange (with reflective
striping) cold-weather jackets which are very warm. I can dig mine out
of my cupboard (it's summer here) and find the manufacturer for you if
you like (email me direct - andrew@hennell.com.au).

My preference for riding, however, would be a bright reflective vest
that you put over whatever cold-weather jacket the rider wants. That
would allow them to wear what is comfortable for them - taking into
account their body shape, what insulation they need, comfort, etc. Also
much cheaper.

Cheers,
Andrew
(now well underway to setting up our first mounted SAR unit)