msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Orange jackets

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "John Neff" <neffj@msn.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Orange jackets
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 09:00:00 -0800

You might try a "shooter's vest". They come with pockets up the kazoo and
you can find them in orange and sometimes in a mesh. try Cabella's summer or
early fall for the bird hunting season. I found one last year at the end of
the season in our local sporting goods store for $15 at half price. They will
run about $30-$50 depending on how may pockets there are
Faye
NE WA MSAR

A vest is cheaper and more flexible
than a jacket in winter work in our area. We must dress in layers due to
the highly fluctuating temps and a jacket could be easily too hot. We
have some vests but are in the process of changing over to a different
material. A few years ago I did a large extended search to try to find
vests that were cloth mesh (temp control again) but had the correct
number and placement of pockets for essential gear and mounted use. It
was difficult to say the least and the best I could do was find custom
made vests at almost $150 each. That's a little more than we were
thinking of spending on vests. Would love to hear what kinds of vests
others are using and how they are working for your group.

Chris Pennington

Thanks,
Chris Pennington