msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Rain Gear

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "David Jacobs" <davej850@hotmail.com>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Rain Gear
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 08:08:04 -0500

Uniform raincoats are good. But, they mostly aren't for mounted use. Unless you know someone that could modify the back vent.

I've found that rain gear suitable for mounted use comes down to "civilian" models. Either the "Aussie" style, or the "Cowboy" style pommel slicker. (Neither of which has side vents for your duty gear BTW)

The only "uniform" rain coat that would work are the two-piece ones that the motor officers use. The two-piece won't give your saddle any protection.

If you don't need the side vents the Neese "Pommel Slicker" is a pretty good choice. It comes in yellow, black, and forest green.

http://www.police-equipment-worldwide.com/MPWW-NeeseRangeGear.html

David Jacobs