msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Texas

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Texas
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 20:44:12 -0700

bonnie elster wrote:
>Has anyone had any experience working w/Texas Equusearch?

I have declined to respond when called by them. Or, rather,
by someone I believe did call me on their behalf. That was
no judgement about them; I had previously decided I would
respond only if called through the New Mexico SAR Resource
Office. Every volunteer SAR responder in New Mexico has a
similar decision to make, and some will respond when called
"out of channel".

Bonnie, give me a better idea why you're interested, and I
may refer you to someone else in New Mexico who can answer
your specific questions.