msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Lost Person Behavior for Penbo

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "IRVIN LICHTENSTEIN" <ilichten1@verizon.net>
  • To: "'Mounted search and rescue'" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Lost Person Behavior for Penbo
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 17:28:40 -0400

In the first a bow hunter was reported overdue. His car and gear were found,
a bloody shirt, and other evidence of a hunting accident. Cops said he was
a family man would never run off and leave wife and kids, the usual. We
searched area and adjacent river for 3 days. He was busted arriving at
Heathrow with a new girlfriend, and it was not the first time he had done
this.

The second was a patient at the Coatesville PA VA hospital. He missed bed
check and a meal, and then a dialysis trip. He had been spotted on a local
bank's surveillance tape withdrawing $40,000 in the company of a former
patient. He was not with the former patient. We checked the institution
grounds and then BOLO'ed all the VA hospitals he had been in before-- he
checked himself into the Atlanta VA Center the next day, before the airline
and bus ticket checks came back by the way.

There was a third case we were not on but Chester County Dive was-- this is
the one we invented the term Disneyworlder for. A pair of teens climbed over
the edge of a quarry, threw in a big rock and screamed. Their friends called
it in while they got on an airplane to Orlando for a week.

Irv L.