msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] msar credentials and info

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: T'mi Fi <tfinkle@erols.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] msar credentials and info
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 21:45:55 -0400

I believe the authors name is Kathy Roberts and she has two books on the subject.
In all fairness, prior to MSAR-Riders coming into existence, the
written authority on MSAR was Kathy Brown's book. The book is
a compendium of material she gathered from existing MSAR units.
And most of that material is straight Mounted Patrol with minor
police content (re crime scenes, etc.). That tells me that, at
least until recently, many experienced MSAR folks are not aware
of the full scope of MSAR beyond mounted patrol.

PS: Una when are you coming back out for another training session with us. The cost of the class remains the same (free).

Tomi`
TROTSAR Mounted Team
www.trotsar.org