msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Katrina Horse Rescue Activity

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Marie Lester" <marie.lester@gmail.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Katrina Horse Rescue Activity
  • Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 08:14:33 -0400

Our unit is the Central Ohio Mounted Search Unit. We currently have 19
members and have been in existence several years. Some of our members
have passed the NIMS test and have participated and certified in CERT
(Community Emergency Response Team) training. Several others
participated in a formal training at the Kentucky Horse Park conducted
by Mounted Police Training Systems, Inc.

We work under the auspices of the Licking County Emergency Management
Agency and the Licking County Sheriff's Department, though we are
pleased to serve surrounding counties. We have conducted multi-unit
simulations and recently engaged in a simulation planned by the Sheriff's
Department. Several members served on foot in an actual search two
years ago near Cincinnati.

Recently, we were awarded grants which have enabled us to acquire
equipment for our unit.

Thank you for inquiring about our unit. We have worked hard to
develop a professional and well trained group of volunteers.

Marie Lester
Training Officer
Central Ohio Mounted Search Unit

-