msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Katrina Horse Rescue Activity

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Eliza McGraw <elizamcgraw@starpower.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Katrina Horse Rescue Activity
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 15:42:16 -0400

I would really appreciate contact info for the livestock inspector-- thank you so much. Eliza

On May 8, 2006, at 2:27 PM, Una Smith wrote:

Eliza,

The New Mexico state equestrian magazine, The Horsemen's Voice,
had an article a few months back detailing the experiences of
officers of the NM state livestock board who traveled to New
Orleans with an incineration trailer. Their intention was to
assist in containing possible post-disaster infectious disease
outbreak by incinerating dead livestock. If you are interested
in this angle, I would be pleased to refer you to one of the
livestock inspectors involved, or to the magazine editor.