msar-riders - [MSAR] SAR conference

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Mickie Maxson Box <maxson@pocketinet.com>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] SAR conference
  • Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 10:55:38 -0500

[Deleted HTML duplicate and GIF, added In-Reply-To header. -Una]

Hi Barbara,
I appreciate the input.
I just find it difficult to believe that more MSAR units would not be
welcomed. Our unit took horses last year and it never distracted
anyone.Everyone was able to go to all their classes and it never entered
anyones mind that our horses were a burden. We care for horses on a daily
basis and that has never interfered with our jobs. We also had several
opportunities to train with our horses after the classes. We were even able
to train with the helicopters and that was not scheduled , they made the
time after classes to work with us.
The resources we have within our unit alone is awesome. We have several
individuals that have made horses their career and are excellant
instructors. I cannot begin to imagine why no body has been asked to
volunteer to teach some classes. Though I feel most of the mounted units
simply want interaction with other units. A chance to set some scenes and
practice what we have learned in our training sessions is always exciting.
Any way Just some food for thought:-)
Appreciate the efforts you all put in to making these conferences a success.
Mickie