msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] SAR conference

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] SAR conference
  • Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 14:18:43 -0700

Mickie Maxson Box wrote:
>I am the mounted patrol unit leader for Walla Walla
>Co. Sheriffs SAR.
[...]
>Last year we were able to take our horses to the conference
>and were wondering why we are not able to do that this year?

Welcome to MSAR-Riders, Mickie. That's Walla Walla County
in Washington state, right? Usually the Washington SAR
conference does not accomodate horses; what were the
arrangements last year (2005), and how did you like them?

So you know, generally each year each state's conference
is run by a new group of conference organizers. So some
(or most) of the planning has to be redone from scratch
again each year. You could help this year's organizers
by giving a detailed after report. If you share it with
all of us, you will benefit those of us (we are legion!)
in other states who are involved in organizing our own
state SAR conferences.

Thanks,