msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Suggestions for MSAR related classes at WA State SARConference

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Suggestions for MSAR related classes at WA State SARConference
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 10:36:34 -0700

Irv,

The Washington state SAR conference is huge. Thousands of
participants, many tracks, much highly technical training,
including management.

Barbara's task, I take it, is to plan an appealing MSAR
track among all these other tracks. The fact that past
MSAR training at this conference has drawn mostly children
illustrates how high is the quality of other training at
this conference. Frankly, I would be tempted to provide
nothing MSAR related beyond a community meeting at the
start, and steer MSAR responders to the training of most
value to them.

Barbara, I'd love to attend this conference. Let me know
if there is some way I could come as an instructor on a
tight budget.