msar-riders - [MSAR] MSAR

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: possegal@att.net
  • To: una.smith@att.net
  • Cc: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] MSAR
  • Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 19:24:39 +0000

Hi Una,

Our Mounted Posse,under the Sheriff's Office has done MSAR and SAR in the
past. Do to past politics and personality issues we pulled out of the SAR
portion about 3 yrs ago but remain the Sheriff's Posse under the office of
the Sheriff. Things have changed for the better in the past 6 months. Since I
became Commander Iin July, I've had discussions with the current Sheriff and
the OES (under the office of the Sheriff) and we will be rejoining the OES.
Since we will be responsible for the MSAR portion of our training and
qualification, I signed up on this mailing list back in July and have been in
the background reading the issues and correspondence here. I am looking for
guidance and current guidelines for MSAR, especially in California so we
redesign our program appropriately. We have very well trained riders in our
organization with a breadth of equestrian and emergency service experience.
We look forward to involvement in the SAR/MSAR community..

I was involved with ESAR here in Ca when it was initially formed back in the
mid 70's, and I am in law enforcement as a profession currently.

Thank you all for any input from any members on this mailing list as we
progress towards our goals

I look forward to developing cointacts with many of you, please feel free to
write so we con develop our network. Until then...
--
Carla J Olsen
Commander, Solano County Sheriff's Posse, Calif