msar-riders - RE: [MSAR] W-EMT

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: David Baquis <baquis@ACCESS-BOARD.GOV>
  • To: 'Mounted search and rescue' <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [MSAR] W-EMT
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 20:37:18 -0400

Thanks Hal,

No I am not an EMT. They provide basic EMT training and go beyond that to
customize it for rural/wilderness situations. That is why it is a long
4-week residential course. They have a separate and less expensive option
for people who are currently EMTs.

A similar set of options is available through this school as well:
http://www.soloschools.com/wemt.html They have a comparable course for
$2,445. Both schools prepare students to take a National Registry exam for
EMTs.

I was referred to these schools via this professional site:
http://www.wemsi.org/ Lots of links on that site, including some related to
SAR.

David B