msar-riders - [MSAR] Fw: Cross Country Trek - Assistance Request

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Jorene Downs" <Jorene@CEOates.com>
  • To: "MSAR-L" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Fw: Cross Country Trek - Assistance Request
  • Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 18:48:36 -0700

FYI

----- Original Message ----- To: jorene@ceoates.com
Sent: Saturday, April 09, 2005 11:03 AM
Subject: Cross Country Trek - Assistance Request

I received this email request for assistance and said I'd pass it on. If you can provide any assistance, PLEASE CONTACT CAROL ANN EROH DIRECTLY. Do not contact the NASAR staff. Thanks!

Hi Jacki,
My name is Carol Ann Eroh and a few years ago Chloe (My German Shepard) & I were training for S&R here in Maryland. Unfortunately we had to drop out of the program. However, I have a request that I was hoping that NASAR may be able to help us.

I am involved with horse rescue and one of our gal's is riding a rescue horse cross country with her son. They flew out to San Diego and the horses were trucked out to them. They started on the San Diego Sea to Sea trail to Salton City.

Linda Veblen who has assisted Linda Losey with this adventure has her itinerary and we are trying to find folks who would be willing to drop off hay for the horses or even put Linda & her son Peter up here & there through this courageous ride. Since NASAR is National Organization, I was hoping that someone may have some contacts out west and coming in through the Southeastern part of CA such as Mecca, Desert Center, Chiriaco Summit, Rice, Videl, Big River, Earp, then into Arizona, Grand Canyon, low end of Utah, Colorado, Kansas, etc.

We are trying to contact horse folks, but in all safety, we need to be careful who we contact.

Thanks much for any assistance you can give us. Linda Veblen, myself and all the folks involved with ERRI would appreciate it. Hope to hear from you soon.

Carol Ann Eroh's email address is cncangelgirls@juno.com.