msar-riders - RE: [MSAR] Liability insurance for mounted events

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "White, Deborah M." <dmw@ope.caltech.edu>
  • To: 'Mounted search and rescue' <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [MSAR] Liability insurance for mounted events
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 16:27:25 -0700

Hi Una.

Although this is not exactly like your situation, my university, for
example, allows filming at our campus plus other venues we run, such as
Palomar Observatory.

Anyway, we have an agreement that they sign, and one of the sections deals
with insurance: Yours should, of course, be pertinent to New Mexico, and not
California!

5. Insurance: The filmmaker or photographer must provide evidence have
secured adequate insurance coverage for their activities at Caltech at least
24 hours prior to the shoot.

A Certificate of Insurance naming the California Institute of Technology as
additionally insured for the day(s) of the shoot must be provided, as
follows and for not less than:

US $5 Million All feature /television productions
US $3 Million All documentary productions
US $1 Million All still photography productions
US $1 Million Tournament Park
US $5 Million Mt. Palomar
US $5 Million Owens Valley

The Certificate of Insurance must be from a California licensed insurance
carrier and the carrier's license must be current and in effect through the
filming. The address for the certificate should read: c/o Deborah White,
Public Events 332-92 for California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA
91125

I would think that if you were being contracted to perform some service for
an organization, they should provide a Certificate of Insurance naming (your
group) as additionally insured.

HTH.
Deb in Newhall