msar-riders - RE: [MSAR] Introduction / Team Profile

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: ccombes <ccombes@pacbell.net>
  • To: "'Mounted search and rescue'" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [MSAR] Introduction / Team Profile
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 16:20:42 -0400

[Quoted full text deleted. -Una]

Hi,

For those of you in northern California who are interested in large animal
rescue training I highly recommend the course offered by the Felton Fire
Department. See their website for Large Animal Rescue:
http://www.feltonfire.com/rmeq3b.htm
or
http://www.feltonfire.com/EQCL99.htm

Our MSAR unit took their course and found it extremely informative and well
managed. They include classroom instruction, demonstrations and hands-on
training. Contact John and Debbie Fox - they are easy to work with and will
travel to your venue to hold the course.

I believe they'd also be happy to recommend and advise folks on equipment to
use for large animal rescue.

Colleen Combes
San Mateo County Sheriff's
Mounted Search & Rescue Unit