msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] keeping members active

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Lyne Peterson <lyne@bryngyld.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] keeping members active
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 06:44:17 -0800 (PST)

I agree with the cyclic nature of time folks are able or willing to dedicate
to SAR.

One thing to try and mitigate the loss of trained people is to let people go
"inactive". They won't have the burden of trying to keep up when they are too
busy with other stuff, but the unit doesn't totally lose them, either. Some
will be able to come back and others will end up quitting, but it helps in
the transition.

Also, make the unit attractive and welcoming to new members. Sometimes it's
hard to be welcoming again and again, but it's IMPORTANT! Assigning mentors
can help, too.

¸..·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´
Lyne Peterson