msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] keeping members active

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: JULIE FRANCO <snowyridgeranch@yahoo.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] keeping members active
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 21:38:32 -0800 (PST)

Well all I can say is we would love some input on the same subject. Our Unit
is having a slack time right now and we have minimal members for our Mock
Search Re-Certification. We all have other jobs and families and I have been
amazed at how much they do for the Unit. We definitely need new members!
PMSAR Julie Franco Pierce Co. Wash.

Santafearabians@aol.com wrote:
To all MSAR managers and leaders

I am the manager of our county Sheriff's mounted posse search team. We
started a formal training program and recruited new members about 2 years
ago. The
first year and last year almost everyone was on the sport for in-service
whether it was inside or outside. This year attendance has fallen off, I hope
this is not a prediction of the future. All of us are volunteers, most have
family obligations etc. I have medical in service, group discussions where
everyone has an in put, mock searches, grid drills, mapping and compass
training.
I keep them up to date of items I get from this information line. Would some
of you may have this problem give me some clues of what I can do and or say
to my membership.

Thank you so much
Al Hale JCSMP Search Team Manager

http://mail.yahoo.com