msar-riders - [MSAR] About that Western Horseman article...

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Lee Farren" <leefarren@bmi.net>
  • To: <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] About that Western Horseman article...
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 07:35:44 -0700

I appreciate all the responses I've read to my request for stories. I see
that there's some discussion about what is appropriate to talk about and
what is not. I have some thoughts on that myself--journalist-type thoughts
that I'll need a day or two to work through. So I want to let all of you
know that I'm here, I'm reading the posts, and I'll join in shortly.

I should make it clear that I'm a woman. Sorry for the inevitable confusion
over the name.

If you would like to see some of my work--"Never Too Old to Ride" in the
March 2005 Equus. "Traveling Light" in the February 2005 Horse Illustrated.
"Horses of the U.S. Cavalry" in the March 2005 Western Horseman. (It's been
a good year so far.)

Lee Farren
Freelance Journalism
PO Box 53