msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] from Spain: what I do when riding on snow

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Lyne Peterson <lyne@bryngyld.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>, carlosvelascosan@yahoo.es
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] from Spain: what I do when riding on snow
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 15:31:15 -0800 (PST)

> those shoes. If you want, I can send a picture.

I would like a picture. They sound like EZ boots. I
would love to see how you made them.

My horses have a barefoot trim that takes some of the
bars and sole around the frog down (not as severe as
some Strasser trims). The bottom of the hoof is
concave. Snow balls don't stick to the bare foot. It
just pops off like little pancakes. Here is a link to
a photo of a wild hoof: http://www.naturalhorsetrim.com/wildsolefront.jpg

¸..·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´
Lyne Peterson